• Handling our Indochina (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Burma) clients from the moment they enquire with us until they return, delighted, from the tailor-made holiday you’ve designed and operated for them.
• Along with your colleagues, overseeing the product development for Indochina. This is done collectively and you each have direct responsibility (with everyone having a log-in to the CMS to update the website as required).
• You’ll also work with the web/marketing team to test improvements and make tweaks to the website in order to drive more quality enquiries to your desk.
• You can get involved and have your say in any area of the business that interests you. We encourage cross-department collaboration and if you have a real interest or great idea for another area of the business, you’ll be invited to oversee that as a project.
• You’ve worked for a number of years in the travel industry, and you’ve travelled extensively through Indochina.
• You’re definitely a self-starter: we only want people who propose solutions, not those who just point out problems.
• You enjoy an office where heads are down when work needs to be done, and heads are up discussing a visit to the pub when things are less busy.
• You’re used to putting forward ideas and suggestions, and challenging the status quo.
Natural World Safaris
Brighton, United Kingdom
Natural World Safaris is an international tour operator based in Brighton that specialises in designing extraordinary journeys into the natural world. Our USPs are based on creating tailor-made trips for discerning travellers who want to experience something unique and potentially life changing, balanced with an ethical and environmentally responsible approach. We pride ourselves on our in-depth destination knowledge and incredibly high standards of customer service.
We are a small but committed and friendly team with a real passion for what we do. In return, we offer a competitive package, fantastic central location in Brighton, and excellent career progression.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious destination specialist, with experience in designing tailor-made safaris for Africa, Latin America and/or the Polar Regions.
You must have excellent communication skills, previous sales experience and a passion for the wildlife, natural world and be great at working in small teams.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and phone manner, as well as a great ability to listen.
Good organisation skills.
Able to manage and prioritise workloads.
Good computer skills.
Willing to travel abroad for familiarisation trips.
Great destination and camp/lodge knowledge.
Passion for the natural world, wildlife, and getting others to experience it.
At least two years' experience selling travel and designing tailor-made safaris.
Ideal experience with high-end clients
NWS offers an exceptional company culture who are passionate about what we do. We place a great emphasis on personal development and recognition.
The role will involve responding to potential clients and liaising with them on the phone and over email to create the perfect safari experience for them, working alongside our chosen ground agents. You will need to be able to manage your enquiries in our database and be proactive to ensure you are giving the best service possible, with quick response times and inspiring information. You will work with the client all the way through the initial stages of their request to returning from the destination after their safari.
To apply for this role, please email Rebecca@naturalworldsafaris.com with a covering letter and copy your CV to explain why you believe you would be suitable for this bespoke role. We pride ourselves in getting back to every applicant, and will be in touch with you.
Natural World Safaris
Brighton, United Kingdom
We are on the hunt for an administration genius. Someone with excellent Excel / Word / Outlook skills and the ability to learn fast. This role will encompass supporting our sales team with a wide array of different jobs, from creating reports in our database, loading booking forms into the CRM, pulling together itineraries and organising enquiries.
This is a varied role and you can expect to work with all members of the team each day from the sales and marketing team to finance and the MD. Really, we are looking for someone who really wants to learn, is happy to take on any challenges, and give them their best.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
The role mainly supports our wildlife specialists, helping with administration, answering the phone, adding bills to the CRM and responding to clients. You will need to become a resource for knowledge in the office, learning our product and systems inside and out.
Knowledge & Experience
Previous office experience, preferably in an administrative role
Excellent telephone manner
Customer service experience
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft; including Excel, Word, Outlook
Excellent spelling and grammar
Fantastic attention to detail
GCSE Maths + English
Ability to learn fast and keen to learn
Passion for wildlife and travel
To apply for this role, please email Rebecca@naturalworldsafaris.com with a covering letter and copy of your CV to explain why you believe you are suitable for the role. We pride ourselves in getting back to every applicant, and will be in touch with you.